1st Shift | Full-Time Status | St. Cloud, MN
Do you have a background in mechanical or electrical repair? Do you have a natural curiosity about how things work and want to work to fix them? How about a passion to work on a growing team offering stability and endless potential? Then we have a job for you!
We’re actively seeking a Service Technician for a first shift opportunity to join our team in St. Cloud!
Under the direction of, and reporting to the Service Manager, the Service Technician works to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction by performing routing and preventative maintenance as well as repair work on welding and mechanical equipment from Central McGowan customers.
- The service technician serves existing accounts by analyzing work orders from start to finish.
- Performs maintenance and repair on all welding and mechanical equipment on site at customer location as well as at Central McGowan Service Center.
- Handles customer relations and interactions in person and via telephone regarding equipment.
- Troubleshoots breakdowns of our equipment and tools.
- Maintains equipment and supplies, keeping parts and tools neat and organized
- When appropriate, calls out for repairs to outside vendors.
- Certifies and repairs welding equipment both on and offsite.
- Documents service and installation actions by completing forms, reports, logs and records.
- High School degree or equivalent.
- Associates degree in electronics, mechanics or welding, preferred.
- 1-2 experience in welding and industrial equipment preferred but not required. WILL TRAIN!
- Ability to work on a team.
- High level of ethics, honesty, and transparency.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks.
Benefits: WE INVEST IN YOU! We offer competitive pay and outstanding benefits within the first 90 days of hire! Our benefits include (but are not limited to):
- Competitive pay
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Annual Profit sharing
- Paid Time Off (yes, even on your Birthday!)
- Paid Holidays Off
- Paid Volunteer Time
- Sponsored Volunteer Opportunities
- Employee rewards and recognition events
- Endless career growth and opportunities
**Pay is market competitive and dependent on qualifications**
EEOC Statement: Central McGowan is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Who we are and what we do
Central McGowan is a growing, diversified, family owned and oriented business. We are a leading supplier of gases, dry ice, and state-of-the-art equipment/technology for the manufacturing, welding, medical, and food and beverage industries in the upper Midwest, and a FANUC-authorized integrator of automation/robotic solutions. Our service area spans most of Minnesota and Iowa, and areas of North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin with automation implementations across the U.S. and internationally. We’re family owned with local roots and proud of it.
- Founded in 1965 with the merger of McGowan Welding Supply in Little Falls, MN (est. 1947) and Central Welding Supply, a small supplier of equipment and gases in St. Cloud, MN.
- Since 2011, we’ve grown from a 55-person, 2-location welding supply company to a nearly 140-person, 8-location, diversified business we are today.
- In 2015, expanded to include custom automation and robotics, making us one of the only local distributors who is also an integrator.
- In 2019, acquired Jasons Beverage Carbonation Company, another successful family-owned CO2 distributor in St. Paul, MN, expanding our distribution area to include customers in Minnesota and parts of North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin and Iowa.
- In 2021, acquired Fessler Carbonic Gas Company in Des Moines, IA, expanding our CO2 footprint to all of Iowa; and Metro Welding Supply in Minneapolis, MN and Preferred Welder Sales in Mankato, MN to better serve customers the Minneapolis and southern metro areas.
- In 2022, we celebrated our 75th year and are looking forward to the next 75.
It’s been through the hard work and ingenuity of dedicated employees that we’ve grown our services and product offerings to where they are today.
If you are looking for an opportunity for future growth/advancement and to be part of a great team, this could be the opportunity for you!