Senior General Accountant
Are you looking for an opportunity to start something new or build your career somewhere rewarding? Then look no further! We are actively seeking a motivated Senior General Accountant to work at our St. Cloud Corporate office!
Day in and day out, we strive to be the everyday heroes who help make life work better. Join our team of everyday heroes! It’s been through the hard work and ingenuity of dedicated employees that we’ve grown our services and product offerings to where they are today.
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION APPLY ONLINE CONTACT US
1st Shift | Full-Time Status | St. Cloud, MN
Under the direction of the Controller, the Senior General Accountant manages daily, weekly and monthly accounting tasks. The Senior General Accountant uses independent judgement, performs advanced and specialized accounting assignments usually involving complex and confidential data. Obtains and analyzes financial informant to prepare reports, statements, and recommendations. Monthly this position will assist with various Sales and Use tax items, month end items, and review and adjustment of general ledger items and financial statements.
Automation SBU Financials
- Monthly accounts reconciliation for the Automation SBU
- Automation accounts payable processing
- Automation accounts receivable processing and collections
- Preparation of monthly financial statements for the Automation SBU
- Monthly revenue recognition procedures for Automation SBU Financial Reporting
- Tracking of work in progress for Automation jobs
- Monthly bank reconciliations for Automation bank accounts
- Assist in month end close process as directed
Monthly Financial Reporting
- Generate and print monthly reports
- Balance out the monthly sales and costs by branch
- Standard monthly entries
- Monitor intercompany transactions for the company and its subsidiaries
- Prepare, review and analyze monthly financial statements, transactions, questionnaires, reports and other financial documents including variable product reporting
- Identify and resolve financial statements discrepancies
- Provide report analysis to the CFO and Controller by 4th business day of the month following
- Prepare the monthly and quarterly tax returns and submit appropriate payment to the state agencies
- Record and track monthly Capital Expenditures for all company assets
Back-up support for Corporate Finance Team
- Assist team in creation of invoices and statements at month end.
- Research, compile, and prepare reports, documents, correspondence, or other information required by management on a timely basis.
- Accounts Receivable back up as needed.
- Bank reconciliation for all company bank accounts.
- Tracking and coding of all credit card expenses on monthly statements
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, will consider associate degree – Major in Accounting/Finance or closely related field.
- CPA, Preferred
- 5+ years of experience relative to position, preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures and principals, required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products with strong Excel skills, required.
- Strong organization skills with attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical, research and critical thinking skills
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Advanced computer skills, and proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Self-starter with good attitude and aptitude.
- Well-organized with ability to prioritize.
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work with a wide range of personnel, both internal and external.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving ability
Benefits: WE INVEST IN YOU! We offer competitive pay and outstanding benefits within the first 90 days of hire! Our benefits include (but are not limited to):
- Competitive pay
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Annual Profit sharing
- Paid Time Off (yes, even on your Birthday!)
- Paid Holidays Off
- Paid Volunteer Time
- Sponsored Volunteer Opportunities
- Employee rewards and recognition events
- Endless career growth and opportunities
**Pay is market competitive and dependent on qualifications**
EEOC Statement: Central McGowan is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
ABOUT CENTRAL MCGOWAN / WE WORK FOR YOU
Central McGowan is a growing, diversified business. We are a leading supplier of gases, dry ice, and state-of-the-art equipment/technology for the manufacturing, welding, medical, and food and beverage industries in the upper Midwest, and a FANUC-authorized integrator of automation/robotic solutions. Our service area spans all of Minnesota and lowa, and areas of North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin with automation implementations across the U.S. and internationally. We’re family owned with local roots and proud of it.
After decades of doing business, we believe quality and integrity are the keys to our business, as is always putting our customers first. And we believe our employees are the reason for our success and are proud of their loyalty, dedication, and longevity. We are committed to providing a safe, challenging, and rewarding work environment where our employees can thrive.
We are a great place to work with outstanding people, loyal customers, and an awesome benefits package. If you are interested, we would love to have you apply today!