1st Shift | Full-Time Status | St. Cloud, MN | CDL Class A or B
Are you looking for an opportunity to start something new or build your career somewhere rewarding? Then look no further! We are actively seeking a motivated Route Sales Representative/Driver to work out of our St. Cloud location on our St. Cloud Distribution Team!
Day in and day out, we strive to be the everyday heroes who help make life work better. Join our team of everyday heroes! It’s been through the hard work and ingenuity of dedicated employees that we’ve grown our services and product offerings to where they are today.
Under the direction of, and reporting to the Branch Manager, The Route Sales Representative position is responsible for delivery and inventory management functions at customer locations. This position makes 20-30 customer stops on a typical day working in all weather and driving conditions. The Route Sales Rep is also responsible for generating new and repeat sales.
Deliver a full variety of cryogenic and gaseous cylinders to customers.
- Replenish empty customer tanks of all sizes.
- Customer tanks may be located indoors or outdoors.
- Follow approved procedures for safe handling and delivery of product.
- Operate motor vehicle to transport Hazardous Material and equipment safely. Drive carefully and obey all traffic laws
- Handle emergency situations as they arise professionally and in accordance with appropriate protocol.
Manage customer inventory of industrial gases and consumables to avoid outages.
- Work with customers to service and restock inventory in a professional and timely manner.
- Resolve customer issues regarding products or equipment malfunctions. Maintain good working relationships by ensuring that customers receive the best customer service.
Communicate with appropriate staff, accurately track product and delivery information, and create and maintain a variety of records and documents.
- Complete pre-trip inspection of vehicle.
- Record and maintain accurate sales and delivery paperwork
- Document incidents communicate concerns to appropriate staff and give to supervisor immediately for investigation.
Generate new and repeat sales by making recommendations to prospects and clients of various solutions the company offers to their current needs.
- Provide timely, accurate, competitive pricing while striving to maintain maximum profit margin.
- Determine customer requirements and expectations to recommend appropriate solutions.
- Proactively recommend services needed by customers to increase satisfaction and improve transaction profitability.
- Provide exceptional customer service to all prospects and clients whether on the phone, in person or through electronic communications.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must obtain a Class A or B CDL with Hazmat and Tanker Endorsement.
- One or more years of experience operating large vehicles preferable; or an equivalent combination of experience and training required.
Benefits: WE INVEST IN YOU! We offer competitive pay and outstanding benefits within the first 90 days of hire! Our benefits include (but are not limited to):
- Competitive pay
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Annual Profit sharing
- Paid Time Off (yes, even on your Birthday!)
- Paid Holidays Off
- Paid Volunteer Time
- Sponsored Volunteer Opportunities
- Employee rewards and recognition events
- Endless career growth and opportunities
**Pay is market competitive and dependent on qualifications**
EEOC Statement: Central McGowan is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Who we are and what we do
Central McGowan is a growing, diversified, family owned and oriented business. We are a leading supplier of gases, dry ice, and state-of-the-art equipment/technology for the manufacturing, welding, medical, and food and beverage industries in the upper Midwest, and a FANUC-authorized integrator of automation/robotic solutions. Our service area spans most of Minnesota and Iowa, and areas of North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin with automation implementations across the U.S. and internationally. We’re family owned with local roots and proud of it.
- Founded in 1965 with the merger of McGowan Welding Supply in Little Falls, MN (est. 1947) and Central Welding Supply, a small supplier of equipment and gases in St. Cloud, MN.
- Since 2011, we’ve grown from a 55-person, 2-location welding supply company to a nearly 140-person, 8-location, diversified business we are today.
- In 2015, expanded to include custom automation and robotics, making us one of the only local distributors who is also an integrator.
- In 2019, acquired Jasons Beverage Carbonation Company, another successful family-owned CO2 distributor in St. Paul, MN, expanding our distribution area to include customers in Minnesota and parts of North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin and Iowa.
- In 2021, acquired Fessler Carbonic Gas Company in Des Moines, IA, expanding our CO2 footprint to all of Iowa; and Metro Welding Supply in Minneapolis, MN and Preferred Welder Sales in Mankato, MN to better serve customers the Minneapolis and southern metro areas.
- In 2022, we celebrated our 75th year and are looking forward to the next 75.
It’s been through the hard work and ingenuity of dedicated employees that we’ve grown our services and product offerings to where they are today.
If you are looking for an opportunity for future growth/advancement and to be part of a great team, this could be the opportunity for you!