1st Shift | Full-Time | St. Cloud, MN
Are you looking for an opportunity to build your career in a fast paced-growing environment? Then look no further! We are actively seeking a motivated Robotic Systems Technician to join our team!
Under the direction of, and reporting to the Automation Technician Support Manager, this position is responsible for programming, troubleshooting, debugging and preparation of automation systems to customer specifications. Designing programs, able to teach and train customers and clients as well as maintaining, servicing, and repairing as needed.
Safely prepare, design, build and set-up robotic systems to meet customer specifications.
- Build and assemble robotic devices or systems.
- Fabricate housings, jigs, fittings, or fixtures.
- Assist engineers in the design, configuration, or application of robotic systems.
- Program complex robotic systems, such as vision systems.
- Align, fit, or assemble component parts using tools, fixtures, templates etc.
- Install, program, or repair programmable controllers, robot controllers, end-of-arm tools, or conveyors.
- Ability to load, configure and install system hardware and software.
- Create a custom designed robotic weld program.
- Master and calibrate system prior to installation at customer site.
Provide Technical and Field Support
- Report status of machine and any risks or issues as they arise.
- Work with mechanical engineers for updates on machine assemblies.
- Maintain customer confidence by keeping information confidential.
- Setup, program, and debug systems to meet customer specifications.
- Perform reach studies to ensure project success.
- Improve cycle time and system throughput by adjusting robot path and functions.
- Installation and configuration of hardware and software options.
- Perform safe installation of automation systems.
- Evaluate installation sites.
- Provide support for down production systems.
- Provide support for developing or improving process.
- Perform preventative or corrective maintenance on automation systems or components.
- Maintain, update, and prepare service records of automation systems.
- High School degree or equivalent.
- Associates degree in robotics, robot programming or automation preferred.
- 1-2 years ’experience in automation preferred.
What’s in it for me?
WE INVEST IN YOU! We offer competitive pay and outstanding benefits! Our benefits include (but are not limited to):
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Annual Profit sharing
- Work life balance – flexible scheduling options
- Paid Time Off (yes, even on your Birthday!)
- Paid Holidays Off
- Sponsored Volunteer Opportunities
- Employee rewards and recognition events
- Endless career growth and opportunities!
**Pay is market competitive and dependent on qualifications**
Central McGowan is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Who we are and what we do
Central McGowan is a growing, diversified, family owned and oriented business. We are a leading supplier of gases, dry ice, and state-of-the-art equipment/technology for the manufacturing, welding, medical, and food and beverage industries in the upper Midwest, and a FANUC-authorized integrator of automation/robotic solutions. Our service area spans most of Minnesota and Iowa, and areas of North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin with automation implementations across the U.S. and internationally. We’re family owned with local roots and proud of it.
- Founded in 1965 with the merger of McGowan Welding Supply in Little Falls, MN (est. 1947) and Central Welding Supply, a small supplier of equipment and gases in St. Cloud, MN.
- Since 2011, we’ve grown from a 55-person, 2-location welding supply company to a nearly 140-person, 8-location, diversified business we are today.
- In 2015, expanded to include custom automation and robotics, making us one of the only local distributors who is also an integrator.
- In 2019, acquired Jasons Beverage Carbonation Company, another successful family-owned CO2 distributor in St. Paul, MN, expanding our distribution area to include customers in Minnesota and parts of North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin and Iowa.
- In 2021, acquired Fessler Carbonic Gas Company in Des Moines, IA, expanding our CO2 footprint to all of Iowa; and Metro Welding Supply in Minneapolis, MN and Preferred Welder Sales in Mankato, MN to better serve customers the Minneapolis and southern metro areas.
- In 2022, we celebrated our 75th year and are looking forward to the next 75.
It’s been through the hard work and ingenuity of dedicated employees that we’ve grown our services and product offerings to where they are today.
If you are looking for an opportunity for future growth/advancement and to be part of a great team, this could be the opportunity for you!