Mechanical Engineer (Automation)
Do you have a passion to deliver high-quality systems that support the future of manufacturing? WE DO TOO! We are actively seeking a motivated Mechanical Engineer to work in our Saint Cloud Automation division amongst a group of highly skilled automation experts!
Every project starts with an idea, problem or challenge of our customer. From there, we collaborate to create solutions that address their issue. We seek to solve today’s critical improvement areas—all while keeping an eye on the market needs of tomorrow.
Our experienced engineers and project managers thoroughly analyze project requirements and choose the right automation technologies to drive efficiency, responsiveness and flexibility–all to help improve competitiveness, productivity and profitability.
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION APPLY ONLINE CONTACT US
1st Shift | Full-Time Status | St. Cloud, MN
Reporting to the Senior Project Manager, the Mechanical Engineer designs and develops mechanical components, equipment, and machinery. Applies knowledge of engineering principles to design products such as instruments, controls, robots, machines, and customized automation equipment.
- Design and develop custom automation and robotic equipment.
- Research or design, evaluate mechanical products, equipment, systems and processes to meet requirements.
- Responsible for specifying and gathering quotes for purchased components.
- Identify and manage vendors during fabrication and build process.
- Documentation Management and Process Improvement by creating correct order and release sheets along with updating redlines and creating Recommended spare parts lists.
- Use Solidworks to design, detail, and redline systems mechanical designs
- Develop, coordinate, and monitor all aspects of production, including selection of manufacturing methods, fabrication, and operation of product designs.
- Confer with engineers and other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information.
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation, and to make recommendations to correct problems.
- Conduct research that tests and analyzes the feasibility, design, operation and performance of equipment, components and systems.
- Provide technical knowledge, support, and information for sales team and management.
- Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
- Provide sales team with concept drawings.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5 years minimum experience in Automation preferred
- Proficient with CAD drawing software, specifically SolidWorks
- Exceptional technical and problem-solving skills and reasoning ability
Benefits: WE INVEST IN YOU! We offer competitive pay and outstanding benefits within the first 90 days of hire! Our benefits include (but are not limited to):
- Competitive pay
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Annual Profit sharing
- Paid Time Off (yes, even on your Birthday!)
- Paid Holidays Off
- Paid Volunteer Time
- Sponsored Volunteer Opportunities
- Employee rewards and recognition events
- Endless career growth and opportunities
**Pay is market competitive and dependent on qualifications**
EEOC Statement: Central McGowan is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
ABOUT CENTRAL MCGOWAN / WE WORK FOR YOU
Central McGowan is a growing, diversified business. We are a leading supplier of gases, dry ice, and state-of-the-art equipment/technology for the manufacturing, welding, medical, and food and beverage industries in the upper Midwest, and a FANUC-authorized integrator of automation/robotic solutions. Our service area spans most of Minnesota and lowa, and areas of North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin with automation implementations across the U.S. and internationally. We’re family owned with local roots and proud of it.
After decades of doing business, we believe quality and integrity are the keys to our business, as is always putting our customers first. And we believe our employees are the reason for our success and are proud of their loyalty, dedication, and longevity. We are committed to providing a safe, challenging, and rewarding work environment where our employees can thrive.
We are a great place to work with outstanding people, loyal customers, and an awesome benefits package. If you are interested, we would love to have you apply today!