1ST | FULL-TIME | ST. CLOUD, MN
Are you looking for an opportunity to start something new or build your career somewhere rewarding – where you are recognized by a company that values you? Then look no further! Central McGowan is now hiring a motivated HR/Office Administrator to join our growing team in Saint Cloud. Central McGowan is a leading, family-owned supplier of gases, supplies, equipment, service and more! We are currently looking for an HR/Office Administrator to tackle a variety of HR and Administrative duties on our team.
WE INVEST IN YOU!
- Our benefits include:
- Competitive Wages
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Annual Profit sharing
- Work life balance – flexible scheduling options
- Paid Time Off (yes, even on your Birthday!)
- Paid Holidays
- Company Paid Volunteer Opportunities
- Short term disability, and term life insurance
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Employee rewards and recognition events
- Paid Training
- Employee Referral Program
- Endless career growth and opportunities!
- Great office environment with a friendly team!
- Oversees general office administration and provides support in a variety of areas and functions. Ensures building and facilities are clean and safe for colleagues and visitors.
- Directs office activities and functions to maintain efficiency and compliance with company policies.
- Manages internal company Uniform Program, coordinating delivery and ensuring high team member satisfaction.
- Identifies opportunities for process and office management improvements, and works to design and implement improvements.
- Act as technical resource for employees and administrative employees to address and resolve inquiries and problems relating to company systems (training, performance management, etc.)
- Assist with pre-hire and new hire preparation (employee onboarding/orientation – Day 1 experience champion)
- DOT File Maintenance and Annual review assistance.
- Assist HR Team in the creating of policy, processes and company documents.
- Serves as the primary point for administration of contact for Company recognition program.
- Actively participates in Career Fair preparation and management.
- Performs other office administrative duties including but not limited to ordering office supplies and other supplies/services such as ordering company shirts. Monitor office supplies inventory, re-ordering supplies, forms, stationary, etc. as needed, according to procurement procedures.
- Assists in the preparation of meetings, travel arrangements as requested.
- Assists management and HR Team members with training and development of their staffs by providing access to training information, classes, and programs. Periodically forwards information that could meet training needs.
- Assists in the coordinating of internal team communications including, monthly newsletters, and quarterly townhall meetings and agenda preparation.
- Coordinate and administer COBRA insurance, ensuring timely and accurate processing of information according to procedures.
- Provides other administrative support as necessary, including scheduling group meetings, maintaining calendars, scanning and filing electronic documents, doing research, and creating reports.
- High school diploma or equivalent, required
- Associate degree in business or related field, preferred
- 1 – 3 years’ experience as an HR Assistant, or relevant human resources/administrative position
- Basic computer skills (MS Office, outlook, TEAMS, etc.), required.
- Experience with Content Management Software, Adobe Pro, WordPress, preferred.
- ‘Can-do’ attitude and proactive, solution-focused individual.
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO –
Central McGowan is a growing, diversified business. We are a leading supplier of gases, dry ice, and state-of-the-art equipment/technology for the manufacturing, welding, medical, and food and beverage industries in the upper Midwest, and a FANUC-authorized integrator of automation/robotic solutions. Our service area spans most of Minnesota and lowa, and areas of North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin with automation implementations across the U.S. and internationally. We’re family owned with local roots and proud of it.
- Founded in 1965 with the merger of McGowan Welding Supply in Little Falls, MN (est. 1947) and Central Welding Supply, a small supplier of equipment and gases in St. Cloud, MN.
- Since 2011, we’ve grown from a 55-person, 2-location welding supply company to a nearly 140-person, 8-location, diversified business we are today.
- In 2015, expanded to include custom automation and robotics, making us one of the only local distributors who is also an integrator.
- In 2019, acquired Jason’s Beverage Carbonation Company, another successful family-owned CO2 distributor in St. Paul, MN, expanding our distribution area to include customers in Minnesota and parts of North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin and Iowa.
- In 2021, acquired Fessler Carbonic Gas Company in Des Moines, IA, expanding our CO2 footprint to all of Iowa; and Metro Welding Supply in Minneapolis, MN to better serve customers the Minneapolis metro area and most recently Preferred Welder Sales out of Mankato expanding our Southern MN footprint.
It’s been through the hard work and ingenuity of dedicated employees that we’ve grown our services and product offerings to where they are today.
If you are looking for an opportunity for future growth/advancement and to be part of a great team, this could be the opportunity for you!
Central McGowan is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.