Are you looking for an opportunity to start something new or build your career somewhere rewarding? Then look no further! We are actively seeking a motivated General Accountant to work at our St. Cloud Corporate office!
Day in and day out, we strive to be the everyday heroes who help make life work better. Join our team of everyday heroes! It’s been through the hard work and ingenuity of dedicated employees that we’ve grown our services and product offerings to where they are today.
1st Shift | Full-Time Status | St. Cloud, MN
Under the direction of the Accounting Manager, the General Accountant manages daily, weekly, and monthly accounting tasks. This position will work with the account team to work on accounts receivable items, process collections related to Distribution Accounts, and assist with accounts payable duties as needed. This position will assist with various reports as requested. Monthly this position will assist with various Sales and Use tax items, month end items, and review and adjustment of GL items and financial statements.
- Accurately apply incoming ACH, credit card, and check payments.
- Maintain accounts payable system; verify invoices to purchase orders and receiving documents; resolve discrepancies; request checks to pay invoices.
- Assist team in creation of invoices, statements, and reports ensuring all information is accurate and presented in a timely manner.
- Research, compile, and prepare reports, documents, correspondence, or other information required by management on a timely basis.
- Assists with accounting functions such as taxes, and monthly and yearly financial reports.
- Create and review delinquency reports. Conduct collection calls to past due customers.
- Utilize discretion and judgment within company policy to establish payment arrangements as appropriate. Negotiate Credit Extensions when necessary.
- Provide Customer Service regarding collection issues. Resolve customer discrepancies and short payments.
- Make charge-off and pre-legal recommendations to the Accounting Manager.
- Closely monitor/track payment status.
- Update and maintain customer credit files as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, will consider Associate’s Degree – Major in Accounting/Finance or closely related field.
- 2+ years of experience relative to position, preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures and principals.
- Experience with accounts payable, account receivable, general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Advanced computer skills, and proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Self-starter with good attitude and aptitude.
- Well-organized with ability to prioritize.
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work with a wide range of personnel, both internal and external.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving ability
Benefits: WE INVEST IN YOU! We offer competitive pay and outstanding benefits within the first 90 days of hire! Our benefits include (but are not limited to):
- Competitive pay
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Annual Profit sharing
- Paid Time Off (yes, even on your Birthday!)
- Paid Holidays Off
- Paid Volunteer Time
- Sponsored Volunteer Opportunities
- Employee rewards and recognition events
- Endless career growth and opportunities
**Pay is market competitive and dependent on qualifications**
EEOC Statement: Central McGowan is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
ABOUT CENTRAL MCGOWAN / WE WORK FOR YOU
Central McGowan is a growing, diversified business. We are a leading supplier of gases, dry ice, and state-of-the-art equipment/technology for the manufacturing, welding, medical, and food and beverage industries in the upper Midwest, and a FANUC-authorized integrator of automation/robotic solutions. Our service area spans all of Minnesota and lowa, and areas of North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin with automation implementations across the U.S. and internationally. We’re family owned with local roots and proud of it.
After decades of doing business, we believe quality and integrity are the keys to our business, as is always putting our customers first. And we believe our employees are the reason for our success and are proud of their loyalty, dedication, and longevity. We are committed to providing a safe, challenging, and rewarding work environment where our employees can thrive.
We are a great place to work with outstanding people, loyal customers, and an awesome benefits package. If you are interested, we would love to have you apply today!