Fill Plant Technician III
1st Shift | Full-Time| St Cloud, MN
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION APPLY ONLINE CONTACT US
Are you looking for an opportunity to start something new or build your career somewhere rewarding? Then look no further! Central McGowan is now hiring a Fill Plant Technician III to join our team in Saint Cloud. Central McGowan is a leading, family-owned supplier of gases, supplies, equipment, service and more!
What’s in it for me? WE INVEST IN YOU!
Our benefits include (but are not limited to):
- Competitive Wages
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Annual Profit sharing
- Work life balance – flexible scheduling options
- Paid Time Off (yes, even on your Birthday!)
- Paid Holidays
- Company Paid Volunteer Opportunities
- Short term disability, term life, and ADD insurance
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Employee rewards and recognition events
- Paid Training
- Employee Referral Program
- Endless career growth and opportunities!
Fill Plant Support Services Including but not limited to:
- Cylinder handling (moving cylinders to and away from the fill racks & manifolds).
- Assisting in loading & unloading trucks &trailers.
- Paint & prep cylinders for filling.
- Cylinder filling procedures.
- Fill Plant Cylinder Scanning (ACM).
- Maintain cleanliness of the fill plant and lab areas.
Filling and following Spec Gas Regulations
- Prep, fill and analyze specialty gas cylinders.
- Performs routine analytical procedures on pure and mixed gases.
- Utilizes or adapts standard methods of procedure.
- Runs mixture calculations for routine mixtures.
- Creates specialty gas mixtures according to customer specifications.
- Generates certificates of analysis for pure products and mixtures.
- Coordinates electronic analytical tests to ensure gas mixtures meet customer requirements.
- Assists with the evaluation of all medical gases for FDA compliance before releasing for delivery to customers.
- Sets up and calibrates testing equipment to required standards.
- Ensures lab is maintained in a neat, clean, and orderly condition.
- Performs routine maintenance on instruments, scales, and pumps.
- Maintains data both via hard copies and electronically.
- Interacts effectively with other work groups.
- High School degree or equivalent.
- 2+ year of relevant experience, required.
- High level of ethics, honesty, and transparency
- Experience working with high pressure cylinders, required.
- Knowledge of gas and cylinder testing and mixture analyzers, preferred.
**Pay is market competitive and dependent on qualifications**
About Central McGowan/WE WORK FOR YOU!
Central McGowan is a growing, diversified, family owned and oriented business. We are a leading supplier of gases, dry ice, and state-of-the-art equipment/technology for the manufacturing, welding, medical, and food and beverage industries in the upper Midwest, and a FANUC-authorized integrator of automation/robotic solutions. Our service area spans most of Minnesota and Iowa, and areas of North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin with automation implementations across the U.S. and internationally. We’re family owned with local roots and proud of it.
- Founded in 1965 with the merger of McGowan Welding Supply in Little Falls, MN (est. 1947) and Central Welding Supply, a small supplier of equipment and gases in St. Cloud, MN.
- Since 2011, we’ve grown from a 55-person, 2-location welding supply company to a nearly 140-person, 8-location, diversified business we are today.
- In 2015, expanded to include custom automation and robotics, making us one of the only local distributors who is also an integrator.
- In 2019, acquired Jasons Beverage Carbonation Company, another successful family-owned CO2 distributor in St. Paul, MN, expanding our distribution area to include customers in Minnesota and parts of North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin and Iowa.
- In 2021, acquired Fessler Carbonic Gas Company in Des Moines, IA, expanding our CO2 footprint to all of Iowa; and Metro Welding Supply in Minneapolis, MN and Preferred Welder Sales in Mankato, MN to better serve customers the Minneapolis and southern metro areas.
- In 2022, we celebrated our 75th year and are looking forward to the next 75.
It’s been through the hard work and ingenuity of dedicated employees that we’ve grown our services and product offerings to where they are today.
If you are looking for an opportunity for future growth/advancement and to be part of a great team, this could be the opportunity for you!
EEOC Statement: Central McGowan is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.