Central McGowan COVID-19 Update – MAR 25
WE’RE OPEN AND WILL CONTINUE TO BE. I’m hoping you and yours are safe and healthy. The current situation with COVID-19 (Coronavirus) has been called by many as unprecedented, which I think is an understatement. What we’re experiencing is like navigating an obstacle course that’s changing by the second.
In times like this we need to be listening, learning and leaning on others who have more experience and/or insight than us. None of us are immune to the near- and longer-term impacts of this crisis, nor are any of us immune from making a misstep. As leaders, workers, consultants, fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters, spouses, sons, daughters and friends, we’re trying to do what we believe is right. We won’t be perfect, but we will act with good intent, purpose, passion and integrity.
As an essential supplier to the medical and manufacturing industries, Central McGowan is and will continue to be open. Our priorities are clear: protect our people while continuing to serve the needs of essential businesses like yours.
- We will continue to take precautions to protect our team and their families. Yesterday, we closed our stores to walk-in traffic and enacted “curbside” service. Retail customers can call or email orders, and we’ll fill them via our service doors and customer docks. Additionally, we are limiting hours at our Burnsville and Little Falls stores to MON-FRI.
- We are following all the protocols and prevention measures to meet CDC recommended guidelines, and maintain employee safety, including social distancing of all on-site employees and allowing those who can work from home to do so.
- We will continue to deliver what you need.
- We have a plan in place to maintain mission-critical functions and staffing should a “Shelter in Place” or “Safer at Home” order be enacted in Minnesota.
- We’ve been in constant communication with our critical vendor-partners to ensure there are no interruptions to our supply chain. We’re running at full capacity and don’t foresee any issues with supply that would restrict our ability to fill orders.
- We will employ fair selling and purchasing practices.
- Our communication will be timely and transparent.
- We will provide constructive feedback and advice, and take it from those willing to give it.
- We will abide by any and all orders given by federal, state and local government agencies, WHO, CDC and the Minnesota Department of Health.
Central McGowan’s mission is “WE WORK FOR YOU.” We’re going to keep doing just that. If a “Shelter in Place” or “Safer at Home” order is enacted in Minnesota, we will be open for business and focusing on providing the critical gases, supplies and services to ensure business continuity for our industry and customers.
These are more than unprecedented times. Please take care of yourselves, your people, families, friends and communities. Remember, we’re stronger together. Thank you for your partnership.
Stay well and informed.
Joe Francis, CEO/President & Our Central McGowan Family